Sunday, February 15, 2009

The new date night

Well since I have OCD (yes I admit it) I have a hard time leaving my children. Not that we had a babysitter for Valentines but we didn't even put in an effort to find one. But anyways we decided to have date night in. It was Great! I didn't have to worry about the kids, Paul didn't have to get frustrated while waiting hours for a table and it was much cheaper than date night out. We gave the kids a bath and put them to bed at their normal weekday bedtime last night. While I got them to bed, Paul ran to Longhorns and picked up supper. By the time he got back everyone was asleep so I was actually able to sit down and enjoy my wonderful meal from Longhorns without having to feed another small human, hear another small human scream b/c I am not fast enough or I did not have to worry about rushing back before bedtime. It was Great...did I say that already! Then we watched the movie Fireproof which was wonderful. I must warn you that the acting in the movie isn't what I thought it would be but the story line and the point to the movie was WONDERFUL! I think every married couple should watch it. I didn't want the movie to end.
So even though the movie didn't end until after 11:00 there were no worries b/c we were at home with our kids in the bed and had 10 steps to get to our own bed. SO RELAXING! You should try date night in! There is no excuse even if you have kids! Hope you all had a great Valentines day!

No comments:

Post a Comment