- I got a new kitchen table for Christmas and let me just say I am super impressed! Finding a table on a budget isn't easy. I went from a four chair tile top table that I hated with a passion to a beautiful wooden six chair table that looks way more expensive than it was. Where did I get it you ask?? WALMART!!! Unreal I know but they have this Better Homes and Garden brand of furniture that is super beautiful, very well made and AWESOME! For $245 I got the table and six chairs.
- This week has been the great clean out of 2010 in my house. This past week I have given away about 5 bags of toys, a kitchen table, 2 TVs, a bakers rack, a dry erase board and a baby bed.
- What's that? A baby bed? Yes that is right...We no longer own a baby bed and that has been one of the hardest steps to make. It wasn't sad with Rylee but with Tegan it was hard b/c I know he is my last baby unless the good Lord is working on the adoption section of my hubby's heart:)
- So let's talk about the baby bed take down. Paul started to second guess the take down due to his own sentimental feelings and then he began to sing the country song "Your Gonna Miss This". Which prompted Tegan to start singing it. Which prompted tears from a Mommy who is already having a whole lot of trouble letting go!
- So how did the first few nights go? Well someone gave me a great idea to block him in his room with a baby gate. That was such an awesome idea until at 2, 3, 4, and 5 in the morning he would reach right over and open the darn baby gate. But he didn't come to my room but yet just went to sleep on the couch b/c he said it was to dark in his room. This would have been fine if the kid could be trusted wondering around the house in the middle of the night alone. So last night the dear hubby rigged the gate so that Teg couldn't open it and a successful nights sleep was had by all. I am praying the same happens tonight since it is almost midnight and I am still awake:)
- There have been two full days in a row this week that I did not get out of my pajamas. I would just take a shower and put my pajamas back on. Nice!
- Tomorrow is "Go spend our gift cards and Christmas money day". I am so ready for a little retail therapy although that will prove to be very trying since we will have two kids that hate to leave the house in tow. Oh and a husband that hates Target and that is my main shopping destination b/c that is where I have gift cards to!
- Tomorrow is also my grandmothers 84 birthday!!!
- One of my favorite Christmas gifts this year has been my Lysol soap dispenser. You know the one where you don't have to touch it but just wave your hand in front of it...I love that thing.
- My ETSY shop is back open for business and has gotten off to an awesome start yet again!
- I am going to bed now!!!
Thursday, December 30, 2010
Sunday, December 26, 2010
This is my nephew Caden....he was so proud of his wings:)
Then on Christmas Eve we did lunch with my hubby's side of the family. It was a nice gathering where we get to see family that we don't see very often. By this point Tegan was getting the hang of things and was so excited about presents. Seriously Mom, can we open the presents already??
Wednesday, December 22, 2010
This was the only actual house that we got complete....one out of five isn't that bad is it??
She is serious.
We gave up on the houses and started decorating the cookie panels!
Of course there was lots of taste testing going on.
I didn't do it!!!
Rylee's snowman face.
We worked up a thirst!
This little $9 kit was well worth it. Yes it made a mess but it provided a solid 90 minutes of pure fun for my little ones so that made it worth it.
Tuesday, December 21, 2010
A little blurred but he was giving his Daddy five before going on stage.
Thursday, December 16, 2010
It is also the season of sickness. Seems like everywhere you go someone is coughing up a lung and has very stuffy noses. We are most certainly no exception to this which means that Tegan has been pouring some really awesome bright green snot and I have pretty much felt like my sinus area on the right side of my head will explode at any minute but WHO CARES....At least I don't have to study!
There are still things left to do which will involve a total and complete clean out of my entire house over the next week. Mostly I will be targeting the kid's rooms to make room for what Santa brings. I also have pretty much ALL the presents left to wrap and a few last minute sewing things for local orders to do but mostly I feel like I can take my time and relax a little. For the most part I have plans to watch movies with Rylee and take naps with Tegan!!!
Friday, December 10, 2010
Next week is my final exam for Anatomy and Physiology and if the good Lord loves me at all he will let me pass so that I never ever have to take that class again. Most people at my school take this class (sometimes multiple times) trying to make an A, not me...I just want to pass. I'm pretty convinced that God isn't going to change the plans he has for my future just b/c I get a C in Anatomy and Physiology II....did I mention that it is the level 2 class??
This weekend is going to be one of those weekends that makes me crazy. In fact I almost bought a gingerbread house kit (the tiny village) to do with my kids and remembered there would be no time this weekend so I will just get one next week. There are a few photo sessions to do and edit so these people can have them for Christmas cards and gifts. I re posted 10 camera strap covers the other night and sold 10. So as of right now I am about 15 straps behind on orders that people are desperately wanting for Christmas gifts. There will be lots of studying for the final...or at least I hope so. Sunday morning is church and the afternoon will consist of watching my kids do their thing in the Christmas program. I'm tired...is it Tuesday yet??
So about the title....I got tons and tons of feedback on here, my inbox and my facebook page about my sweet little Rylee. Her Dr. was quick to say seek therapy and some even suggested medication but instead we have been taking extra time with her, leaving her sweet little notes in her book bag, praying with her and over her at night and talking to her about trusting that God will take good care of all of us. While I was talking to her the other night and she was telling me about some of the things she is worrying about I have to say I started to have a slight panic attack. The things she is worrying about are legitimate fears that if we all stop to think about we will all collapse to the floor in tears with a tummy ache. Worries of losing our loved ones or being stuck somewhere you don't want to be are not always things we can control but boy is it spooky to think about. So I get it...I really do.
She has had two great days and seems to be very happy and have a lot more energy. I believe that she believes that the Lord is taking great care of her and that is enough to liven her up a little.
Tuesday, December 7, 2010
Rylee has been very off for the past couple of weeks. She doesn't want to leave the house and she wants both me and Paul around all the time. She told me today that she is very tired all the time. Two weeks ago we took both kids with us to do a little Christmas shopping, she cried a lot and just wanted to go home the whole time. She got so worked up to the point that she made herself sick to her stomach and needed multiple bathroom breaks but as soon as we got home she was totally fine. Last Thursday night she threw up twice in the middle of the night but was fine the next day. This past Saturday, Paul and I went to go do our major shopping trip which means that we had to talk to Santa so we left the kids with my mother-in-law. Well after being there for about 2 or 3 hours Rylee began to cry and get real upset wanting me to come home. We had way to much to do so we just had to finish and hope that she would snap out of it. She didn't! She cried for several hours wanting us to come home. Once she saw us she was better. After church on Sunday she had to stay for play practice. She didn't want to and was very worried about if I was going home or somewhere else while she was there...I should mention that we live directly across the street from the church. Then today as soon as I got to my class my cell started to ring. It was Rylee's school and they said she was complaining of her stomach hurting and just sitting in the nurses station crying.... A LOT! My school isn't close to Rylee's school so it took me a little while to get to her but when I got there she was still crying....A LOT! She swears that her stomach is hurting but she has had nothing happen to make me think that she is sick. She came home and went to bed.
I have pleaded with her to tell me what is wrong with her. Rylee is usually an outgoing, independent and happy child but the past couple of weeks she just doesn't seem like herself. She has never ever had a problem staying with someone else but now doesn't want us out of her sight. I asked if she had a bad dream and her answer was no. I asked if something happened at school and she said no. I asked if anything at all had happened that would make her feel this way and she said no. Her answer is that she doesn't know why she feels this way but that sometimes at school she will start missing us and literally get sick feeling. She says that she is very tired all the time and that her head and stomach is hurting a lot. The key is that Rylee is never ever tired but yet she says she has no energy. She will be eight in January and will be due for a check-up but now I am starting to wonder if something more is going on and if I should get her in to see the Dr. sooner?? I'm very worried about my little lady:(
Thursday, December 2, 2010
Christmas shopping has been wonderful this year. I think this will be the best Christmas my kids have had b/c I have managed to find great deals and stretch our Christmas money much further than ever before. I have to say that Target has been the most competitive on toy prices this year and plus they had the coupons so I love it.
I am off to pick my children up from school and take them to do their pictures before heading to the Dr. for their second flu shot...oh what fun my afternoon will be:) Pray for me!!
Monday, November 22, 2010
This has become one of my new favorite dishes to make. I have made it several times to go along with our supper and it is always a huge hit. This is the newest recipe for me so I will be trying it on everyone outside of my home over Thanksgiving. Super easy and so darn good!
Here is what you will need:
1 Packages Ore Ida Steam n' Mash Cut Russet Potatoes (these are in the freezer section where the fries are and super easy to do.)
2/3 Cup(s) EVAPORATED MILK canned
2 Tablespoon(s) BUTTER
1 Package CREAM CHEESE softened
1/2 Cup(s) SOUR CREAM
2 Teaspoon(s) FRESH CHIVES chopped(I leave this out. Not a chives person)
1/2 Teaspoon(s) SALT
1/2 Teaspoon(s) BLACK PEPPER ground
1/4 Cup(s) CRUMBLED BACON
1 Cup(s) CHEDDAR CHEESE shredded
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Coat 8x8 baking dish with nonstick cooking spray. Microwave Potatoes according to package instructions. 2. In a large bowl, mix together hot Potatoes, can milk and butter, and mash with a potato masher until smooth. For a smoother consistency, mix with an electric mixer to desired consistency. Add cream cheese, sour cream, chives, salt and pepper, and mix well. Spread evenly into baking dish. Top with bacon crumbles and cheese.3. Bake uncovered for 25 to 30 minutes, or until heated through.
I'm telling you...you won't regret making this and it will be a huge hit!
Hash brown Casserole
Sorry...I have no picture for this one!
2 lb bag frozen hash browns slightly thawed (the square kind not the shredded. I get the Ingles brand b/c they cook so much better) 1 (16 oz) Sour Cream (you can use regular or light...it doesn't change the taste) 1 melted stick of butter (I use a little less b/c to much butter in it makes it soupy) 2 1/2 cups grated cheese 1 can cream of chicken soup 1 med. chopped onion (again...I don't really use the whole thing) Salt and pepper
Mix everything and pour in greased pan. Cook at 400 until brown around edges. Depending on your oven, it takes around 45 minutes. This is my every single holiday dish. I have made this for years and love it. I got this recipe from my sister-in-law. This is soooo easy to make and way better than the ones with shredded hash browns.
Green Bean Casserole
There are all kinds of green bean casserole recipes out there but they start getting complicated and start looking a little like the leftovers that you throw out to your dog. The very best recipe to follow is the one on the back of the French's French Fried Onions can.
1 (10 3/4 oz.) can CAMPBELL'S® Cream of Mushroom Soup
3/4 cup milk
1/8 tsp. black pepper
2 (9 oz. each) pkgs. frozen cut green beans, thawed or you can use 2 (14 1/2 oz) cans green beans, drained.
1 1/3 cups FRENCH'S® Original or Cheddar French Fried Onions
MIX soup, milk and pepper in a 1 1/2 -qt. baking dish. Stir in beans and 2/3 cup French Fried Onions. BAKE at 350°F for 30 min. or until hot.
STIR. Top with remaining 2/3 cup onions. Bake 5 min. until onions are golden.
Monday, November 15, 2010
Unfortunately I had to miss class this morning. This is the first time ever that I have skipped class since I started back to college over a year ago. I hated it too b/c we had a quiz but since I didn't get much studying done yesterday it would probably have been pointless to go.
That brings me to school...We have next week off for the holiday and then only 2 1/2 more weeks to go. I am so ready for this class to be over with and behind me. Up until the zero that I will get for my quiz today (this teacher doesn't believe in make-ups) I haven't failed anything so that is good but I'm not exactly knocking it out of the park either. Oh well...I just want to pass. I have registered for a full load next quarter. Not sure what I am thinking b/c after this present class I will have fulfilled my requirements to apply to the radiography program. But for whatever reason I felt the pull to take a few more classes while I have the time and opportunity...you never know where God will lead me!
I'm gearing up for Thanksgiving but even more so for Christmas. I LOVE Christmas. There is nothing better than the decorations, presents, church, family, food and the looks on my kids faces! I've very very slowly started the Christmas shopping but haven't even put a dent in it yet. This year is exciting around here b/c this is the first year Tegan really cares and understands the idea of Santa. But I have fears that we are nearing the end of Rylee believing so I want to make it special for her.
I would already have the Christmas tree up but the hubby thinks that is over kill and makes it less special when the tree has been up to long. I guess I agree a little.
Oh...Hank the dog has moved to a new home. I hated to see him go and am really worried about him. He seemed like he was going to a good home. He was a wonderful dog but he wanted to be out running around a lot and there were several near death experiences that he had with us living right on the road. I'm not really an animal person but I really do miss Hank for whatever reason. I'm going to pretend that he is being treated like a king and that he will never die!