Tuesday, June 8, 2010

6:30 AM

At 6:30 this morning my husband popped open a carbonated beverage. The sound of him opening that can drink echoed through the house and as I tried to lay sleeping in our bed I suddenly heard a loud voice through the baby monitor yell "Mommy Don't do that noise". It didn't take me long to realize that I still had the headache from yesterday so I quickly turned the monitor down and went back to sleep. Oh don't judge me...you know you have turned that monitor off before. It wasn't like he was screaming, at least not at that point but when I awoke 2 hours later....he was screaming really loud!

That is how my day started and that was basically how it went. Tegan pitched his two year old tantrums all day long. My lazy wonderful no rushing summer has been transformed this year to a 7 year old and almost 3 year old fighting over everything. Don't get me wrong, these kids love each other but the problem is that Teg is a little infatuated with Ry and must do everything she does. She doesn't really like this very much so it turns in to an all out war around here. My attempts to not raise my voice have not been going very well. Although I know it isn't going to help totally, tomorrow I feel like a weight will be lifted off of me as I finish up the hardest class ever with a huge final. Maybe I can focus on redirecting Teg instead of pushing him to "go find your sister while I study". I guess in a way some of the fighting is my fault but at least it entertains him:)

The most pleasurable part of my day was loading them in the car and going to buy that tiny little $100 sticker for the tag on my car. Yes that's right...I have a birthday coming up in the next couple of days and thankfully the tag office doesn't let me forget. Anyways, that trip was so quiet that I ended up riding around for a little while b/c I was enjoying it so much. I'm pretty sure that after completing this horrible class I am in, it will cure everything!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment