Thursday, April 16, 2009

The brutally honest

So what was I saying, (part 2 to the visions of sugar plums post)Oh yes that's right, Oprah. Well on that same show of so funny moms talking about their horrible mothering mishaps and there hopes to be super mom there was also a segment about what was the one thing no one every told you about motherhood that you quickly learned. I laughed out loud when one mother's answer was that no one ever told her that she would hate her husband on a daily basis. Oh come on, don't act like you don't. I will be the first to admit that at least 3 or 4 times a week I call my husband a sperm donor....not to his face of course, only to my dearest friend...and maybe one or two of my sisters. Anyways, I don't actually always put it in those exact words but you get the point. I digress over and over again with this one. Anyways I was thinking about that whole question of what did no one tell you before motherhood? I got it!!!! I remember the day Rylee was born and they told me to keep up with what time I feed her and write it on that neat little dry erase board so I wouldn't forget. I also remember tearing up when the nurse tells me that I have to feed this creature every THREE HOURS! I was sure she screwed that one up and meant to say that I only need to feed her THREE times a day. EVERY THREE HOURS FROM THE START OF THE LAST FEED! Yes of course I heard the horror stories about how I better get my sleep before b/c I wouldn't afterward but I honestly never realized that I would actually have to get up and feed this tiny thing. I became obsessed with that demanding feeding schedule and felt like if I left my house it would be for no more than 2 hours at a time (yes I bottle fed...let's not get in to it) for the REST OF MY LIFE! I'm still not sure why a baby can't just eat three times a day and just eat more at those times but I did what the nurse said and somehow I survived (and so did she?) but I must admit that I love to love on and hold a little baby but I don't miss babyhood at all!!!! O.k. maybe a little but that's just b/c they are so cute but then you can take them home with you when I am done.

No comments:

Post a Comment