Thursday, February 14, 2008

Law of Attraction part lll

So I have really been reading the book The Secret and trying to focus alot through out the day about some of my thoughts and how they may be affecting my life. I thought I would share a summary of some of the high points I have read.

"Whatsoever ye shall ask in prayer, believing, ye shall receive." Matthew 21:22

"What things soever ye desire, when ye pray, believe that ye receive them, and ye shall have them." Mark 11:24

It is impossible to feel bad and have good thoughts at the same time.
Like attracts like.

There is a part in the book where it talks about weight. This is just an example but it says that there is a misunderstanding that food causes you to be over weight. It is not saying that you should run around stuffing your face and eating whatever you want but in some ways it is saying that we should all be able to eat what we want and not be unhappy with our bodies. When you eat you should eat and enjoy your meal...not let your mind wonder about other things. You should not think thoughts of hating your body but yet get comfortable for who you are. It says to figure out what would be your perfect weight....be realistic, a 250 lb person shouldn't say they want to become 115 lbs right away but yet a weight that is more acheiveable and will make them happy and feel better about themselves. You should find a picture of a body that you would like to have and imagine yourself not only looking that way but feeling as good as you think you would feel after losing those extra lbs. Then you should not buy clothes for your size now but yet save the money with full intentions of using it on new clothes when you hit your new perfect weight. Stop thinking about being overweight b/c that is what you attract. Think about being healthy and at your perfect weight. Don't think about how you will get there but yet just think about the outcome b/c the work will take care of its self. This is just one example it talks about but it also talks about other things....like a new house. If you want a new house then you should always be looking for it whether you can afford it or not and be open to the idea that you will have one of these houses soon. You have to get excited about the things you want as if you know they are on their way to you. That is the best way to keep yourself open to these things and ready to recieve them.
I don't know if this is all confusing or not but it is the best way I can take the last 75 pages I have read and bring it down to one blog. All I know is that I am constantly telling myself that I am happy, healthy, well, energetic and blessed. Instead of thinking about hurting or being sick or so tired that I have felt like I couldn't move. I must say, the change in my thinking seems to be making a huge difference in me!

No comments:

Post a Comment