Tuesday, January 27, 2009

17 months already...


The only way to get him to be still long enough for a picture is to put him on the table!

Wow! It is so hard to believe that my little man is 17 months old today. He is definitely a sight to watch. He can say some words although he won't say them in front of anyone but me, Paul and Rylee so I'm sure others don't believe us. He has really been repeating things which means that calling him a little turd is probably not a good thing to do these days. He knows how to throw a fit when he doesn't get his way. He has most recently become his dad's best buddy. He loves to follow him (or anyone for that matter) outside and runs around this house yelling Dada all the time. I'm starting to wonder if he thinks I am dada too...I keep telling myself that one day I will wish he didn't say mama so much but for now I want him to call me by my rightful name, not Dada! He still loves to eat even if it is mostly Fruit Loops. At 17 months old we are moving up to 24 month clothes and outgrowing our size 4 diapers. He loves his boots his daddy bought him and will insist on taking off his newbalances just to put them on....even with jogging pants. Boots is one word he can say very clearly and loud! The kid is like a monkey and climbs on everything and most usually ends up hitting the floor extra hard after falling from some high piece of furniture. I was so graciously reminded by my mom the other day not to complain about him being in to everything or climbing on everything b/c it wasn't that long ago that we thought he wouldn't ever do any of these things.
What a blessing and great past 17 months!!!


Always ready to go outside!!!

1 comment:

  1. He looks so handsome. Sounds like he is definately acting his age! Fun times ahead and he may be his daddy's buddy, but those boys LoVE their mammas!
    Yes that's the fabric.
    Gwen

    ReplyDelete