Wednesday, February 23, 2011

When you least expect it...

This morning I have been tired. I had plans to come home and do a little sewing or cleaning or school work. Either way I had plans to do something! Then there was a knock at the door. It was a friend that has been really pulled through the mud of life lately. She has been heavy on my heart for some time now. Even with all this crazy stuff going on in her life she took the time to pick up some coupon books for me and bring them to my house. Something so small can seem so amazing. I think about her and pray about her all the time. I don't pray for God to fix things b/c I think some of the things that have happened can't just be fixed but I pray for her to have peace, for her to rebuild, for her to come out the other side a new and faithful person but most importantly I have prayed that she prays. Her little visit to drop something off this morning turned in to us being able to really talk for about an hour and seemed like a slight form of therapy for both of us:) The best blessing I could get out of her visit was to know that she is still very faithful in prayer.
After she left I got on facebook for a second to check something. I came across a status update from an old friend from highschool that is so inspiring. I actually seek out and look forward to this person touching my life with his status updates on a daily basis. Who knew facebook would be used a tool to witness?? His status this morning was no disappointment at all and I think this is perfect for my morning visitor to read.


There's nothing that you can do for God that has a greater reward than running YOUR course, and finishing YOUR course with joy. Whatever your course is... stay on it. Make your mind up. Get your teeth in it. Lock onto it. Run it. Finish it. It may not seem glamorous, and it may not yield the results that you think that it should or could.
Just do it willingly and give it all that you have. That's the whole of what you can do for God. Be willing. Obey. Keep a Word attitude. Know that God is a rewarder of them that diligently seek Him. Whatever you do, do it with so much passion just as if you are doing it for the Lord Jesus Himself. You are.

No comments:

Post a Comment