Thursday, September 23, 2010

Publix B1G1

So for those of you just joining us, I am totally new at this. I have tried and quit the coupon game multiple times. Now I remember why...I am running from place to place and spending a few hours each week searching for deals, coupons and getting the two put together. But I have to say that in the short month I have been working on this I have became addicted. I love seeing that I saved half off my grocery bill. I can see that I am going to have to be that crazy woman with the huge coupon binder if I want to keep this up b/c I have more coupons in just a short amount of time than I can keep up with.

So my trip to Publix yesterday probably could have been SO MUCH better but I wasn't prepared for the new sale. My coupon buddy had been told by an employee that the sales at my Publix started on Thursdays but they were wrong...they start on Wed.:( So I went all prepared to get a few last minute deals right at the end of last weeks sale but instead was shocked b/c I didn't have my list for the new sale or have my coupons all matched up. But since Publix is about 30 minutes from my house, I went ahead and did the best that I could.

So here is the damage:


Here it is broken down:

  • Certain Kellogg's cereals are B1G1 this week so I bought Froot Loops and Corn Pops b/c I have a coupon for $1.50 off if I buy two boxes. The two boxes total cost me $4.00 with B1G1 but with my coupon I got both boxes for $2.50 total!
  • Ritz crackers are B1G1 so I only got one box since I didn't have a coupon. The total usually for one box is $3.09 but since it was B1G1 and I only got one it was $1.55.
  • Keebler cookies are B1G1 this week also. Same as the Ritz, I didn't have a coupon but wanted these so I only got one. They are regular $3.95 so I got them for $1.98.
  • Maxwell House Coffee (which my hubby drinks every morning) was on sale for $1.99. I had a coupon for $1.00 off so I got it for $0.99!!!
  • The pickles and A-1 Steak sauce are both B1G1 and since I didn't have a coupon I just got one of each. The pickles are usually $2.79 so I got one for $1.40. The A-1 is usually $4.24 so I got it for $2.12 (this is a big bottle...not the itty bitty bottles).
  • Sunny D...I didn't see this advertised anywhere and now I wish I would have stocked up since my kids drink this like someone is going to take it away from them. I just happened to see them on a display in front while I was checking out. These are ones that are $1.99 so I just grabbed one real quick for $1.00. Kicking myself for that one!!
  • Lysol anywhere cleaner is B1G1 and I think there is a coupon out there somewhere but I didn't have it. It is $3.19 regular so I got it for $1.60.
  • Glass Plus cleaner is B1G1 at $2.49 regular price so I got it for $1.25.
  • Pepsi 12 packs are on sale 3 for $10 but since we didn't need much I just got two for $3.33 each.
  • Mott's Medley was NOT ON SALE but I have really wanted to try it. I am happy to report that it is super yummy and gives me the shakes since it is loaded with sugar. Maybe next time instead of drinking half the container in one sitting, I should stretch that out a little.

So my total before the sales and coupons was $46.67.

After sales and coupons I paid $24.95 including tax.

So I saved a total of $19.22 at publix.

Still can't say I got $113 worth of groceries for $18 but I think I am well on my way!

Now tomorrow I will finish up the marathon with Ingles. Ingles is my usual grocery store but the big Savers have told me you can't save much at Ingles. But this week I noticed they have lots of B1G1 deals that match up with my coupons so I am headed there tomorrow and to CVS to see if they have restocked the few things I wanted to buy with my extra care bucks.

Is this way to much info??? Whew...nap time:)

1 comment:

  1. Way to go! I love bargains too. I took a couponing class at church but I still struggle with actually finding time to organize myself prior to going to the store.

    ReplyDelete