Tuesday, April 6, 2010

In the words of Rosie...



I think I totally forgot to mention that Paul and I just celebrated our 9 year wedding anniversary...hold your applause:) So let's see...I'm 29 and we have been married nine years. We were 20 and 21 when we tied the knot so I guess you could say we did a lot of our "growing up" after we got married. The other day I was watching a re-run of Rosie O'Donnell on Oprah. They were talking about her relationship with her previous partner and why they split after over 20 years together. Rosie's answer to that was that they got together when they were 30 and they just weren't the same people at 50 as they were in their 30's....WELL DUH!!! I mean don't we all change constantly. I know for sure that me and Paul are nothing like we were when we got married. To say that marriage has been a dream would be a flat out lie but I have him and he has me...what else matters. Of course we are not the same people we were 9 years ago, in 9 years time we have lost my aunt, my cousin, both of Paul's grandmothers, Paul's dad and our baby Cohen. We have buried all those people and that is something that changes you with each one. Paul has had 7 different jobs and I have had 6 different jobs. We have had three beautiful children...two that are here with us and one in heaven and we also suffered an early miscarriage. We have had our angry moments and our happy moments with every situation that life has thrown at us. So NO...no one remains the same but does that mean that you split, I don't believe so I believe you adjust and you allow each other to change but eventually it cycles back around. I won't ever forget that one night I was watching a 20/20 episode about what makes a marriage survive for 50 years and this one little old lady said this "we weren't always IN LOVE with each other but we survived because we never fell out of love at the same time."

No comments:

Post a Comment