Saturday, January 23, 2010

A Cupcake Party

This has to be one of the best birthday parties you can give a 7 year old girl. I have to say...it is for sure one of the cheapest I have ever done. We called it the Cupcake Party and it was a HUGE hit! I did the whole party from start to finish (including making Rylee's outfit) for under $70.00. Not bad for a party where I needed an activity, decorations and lunch.
To start, I went to Hobby Lobby and got the pretty green and pink plates for super cheap and I also was able to purchase 40 clear goody bags for $1.99 total. Then I went to Walmart and got 5 plastic pink and green table covers that were $1.50 a piece. I then started focusing on an activity and decided to let the girls decorate their very own cupcakes. I made chocolate and vanilla cupcakes and just left them plain. I took whipped vanilla frosting and split it up in little bowls and added food coloring to each so they had different frosting option. Then I had other bowls all along the table with jelly beans, gummy bears, sprinkles, and all different colors of sugar. This kept them occupied for forever. They loved it and surprisingly most of them ate their creations right up!
Here are some of the very simple decorations that I did...


Then I set up a goody bag table. This was a huge hit and cost less than $10 for the whole table. I went to the dollar general and Walmart to gather up some little items and bought candy, pencils, erasers, suckers, silly straws and bubbles. They loved being able to do their own bags.
And then the fun begins! She had a great turn out. I was so afraid only one or two girls would show up but in the end she had 11 girls and one little brother show up! Here is a picture of just some of the girls and her brother...

Singing Happy Birthday to the Birthday girl.



The gift of the day was Rylee's second zhu zhu pet. The girls chased that thing all over the place!Proud of her cupcake!
I made Rylee's outfit (2nd from the right) but I'm not sure whose scarf she is wearing???
We call these girls the Busy Box Four! Rylee, Brynne, Ella and her bestest friend ever Emma. They where all great friends in preschool and even though they all go to different schools, they still go to each others birthday parties and get along great!

A preview of just a few of the final cupcakes!


It was fun and she said it was the best birthday party ever!

No comments:

Post a Comment