Wednesday, June 8, 2011

The Sky Wheel....

Their slogan on the billboards reads "Get a little closer to Heaven"....that should have been my first clue! I'm not really sure I have ever realized that I am afraid of heights. I guess I have subconsciously always avoided all things that would make me realize my fear. When my husband and kids wanted to ride the Sky Wheel at Myrtle Beach I was all for it. I mean it is a closed in ride that all four of us got to go on together. Plus it was hot outside and the cars on this Ferris wheel have AIR CONDITIONING. Anyone that has ever even heard of the south, knows that is a huge deal. So we stood in line to buy tickets. Paid $43 total for the four of us to ride. Stood in another line to get on the ride. Then it was our turn. The closer I got the higher up it looked but I was still OK with it. Really I was OK with it until we got about half way up on the ride and it stopped to load more people. I thought I was going to die. I couldn't swallow and I couldn't figure out how I was going to save myself and my kids if this thing came tumbling down. I couldn't look out at all. I had to just focus on the kids and what all they were saying. But just like that (and no where near worth $43) it was over. Thank Goodness. I have a new found appreciation for the ground!






This is what each car on the wheel looks like. They can fit probably six people each but the great thing about this ride is that they don't make you ride with anyone else. Like if you come up to ride with only two people, then you are the only two in your car.


Behind me you can tell we are still close to the bottom. This is right before I thought I was going to die.

We were higher than the tall hotels. The Sky Wheel lights up at night and does a light show but when you are on it you can't see it but this glass building that is next door reflects it. The funny thing is that there is another hotel in between the Sky Wheel and the glass hotel but we were so high up that we didn't even notice that hotel until we got off the Sky Wheel and couldn't see the glass building.

These two loved it!

This is those crazy people that bounce around on a rubber band at the beach. There is NO WAY! We were at the very top of the Sky Wheel when I took this and those people were going higher than us!


The view from half way up....that is the best I could do:)



It was something to do but not something I will probably ever do again. I like life to much:)

No comments:

Post a Comment