Thursday, March 17, 2011

Jumping Through Hoops

I have spent the last three days of my life sitting in Hospital Orientation for my new job. Those are three days of my life that I will never get back. The first day there was a parade of supervisors coming in and out of a room filled with half asleep people telling us how super nice and helpful everyone is that works there. Unfortunately it is yet to be seen if everyone has pride in their job like they say they do. I do believe that they should send some of there long time employees back through the orientation and re-orient them as to what that hospital stands for.
The next two days I spent sitting in front of a computer learning one thing after another and taking one quiz after another. Eventually it just got to the point where I quit reading the info and just went straight to the quiz. I mean a little common sense can go a really long way:)
I was suppose to have to work on Friday but I finished up all my orientation early so I am off today and tomorrow. I have to say that I really needed it. Being at home and having my own routine for four years makes for a huge adjustment when re-entering the workforce. Add the "lose an hour" time change on top of a Mama who is not a morning person and you got one lady that would literally fall on the couch the second after walking through the front door. I head back Monday to start a more specific training for my job and the next couple of weeks will probably prove to be brutal but at the end of this training awaits a nice little job that is only two nights a week so that I can have a little of my life back during the week. I have to say that over the last four years I have totally forgotten how I use to do it. I use to work, take care of one child and a husband, keep the house somewhat clean (by my standards, not June Cleaver's:), go to the grocery store and still manage to not run out of toilet paper. Unfortunately this week we have ran out of paper towels which I can't live without, toilet paper and my beloved Diet Coke. Needless to say I made a mad dash to replace those things today.
Don't get me wrong, there are some bonuses to heading back to work but right now my tired eyes are having a hard time seeing them. The biggest bonus of all is that I get to wear scrubs to work...I know, it doesn't take much to please me! The other is that for a little while during the day I get to be just me. I love being Mommy but these people don't know me as Mommy and therefore do not ask me to pour them a cup of orange juice every 3 minutes nor do they call for me to wipe them after they poo! I know...that was a little much wasn't it but so is the days of my life!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment