Tuesday, March 8, 2011

I Guess It Is Time....

When I had Rylee, eight years ago, I hated the thought of having to go back to work but I did. It took a while for us to have another child and then that little boy was born with an illness that was incompatible with life. So I am sure that you can only imagine that after such a great loss, when I became pregnant again I would hyperventilate at the thought of having to leave my third child just so I could head back to work. I prayed a lot and mostly asked for peace that we were a two income household. Then the good Lord threw me a curve ball and put me on bed rest only half way through my pregnancy. Of course I was going to be out of work for 5 to 6 months and there was no way that my employer could hold my job that long and I wouldn't dream of asking them too.
Turns out God knew what he was doing (as always) because Tegan had some early issues that involved me running to doctors and therapy appointments for the first year of his life. Then I decided to go back to school. Somehow it has already been four years since I last worked and that seems a little unreal to me. Well it is all about to change. I am in waiting mode with some of the programs at school so when I came across a job at a hospital that would be perfect for me, I decided to go for it. So I got the job!!! It is going to be a little strange for me b/c I have never worked while having two kids but the hours are going to help out with that.
This is the part where you are going to tell me I am crazy but my hours are Sat. and Sun. 7 pm to 7 am. Now at first thought this may sound crazy...I have never worked night shift and I am giving up my weekends with my family. But when you look at it my way it is perfect. First of all I will still have half my weekend with my family. The best part about the hours is that we don't have to depend on anyone else to keep our kids while one of us is at work which was a huge plus for me since the kids will be out for summer before you know it. I am excited to get back out and connect with co-workers again but very nervous about the whole thing b/c for the last four years if my kids needed me I was there and there was nothing that told me I couldn't be at home with them. I guess it does make me feel better to know that their Daddy will be with them and he is MORE than capable of taking care of his own children. I think the worse part about the job is that I have to work week days for a few weeks to train and we all know that I am not a morning person so I just need to make it through these first few weeks and then all will be right in my world...for now anyways! So think about me next week as I head back to work and especially think about my youngest over attached child as his Mommy changes his world!

1 comment:

  1. God knows what He's doing... doesn't He? :-) CONGRATS on the new job... and such perfect hours!
    I've been a SAHM for almost a year now and I cannot fathom leaving my little man at a daycare for 8hrs a day. Cheers!

    ReplyDelete