Tuesday, December 7, 2010

Could it be seven year old anxiety...

Rylee is a shoe in for anxiety issues if she is anything like her mom. In fact, it has only been in the last year or so that I have gotten a handle on my anxiety issues for the first time in my life. Anxiety for me causes me to feel sick to my stomach, sometimes have an upset stomach of a different kind, headachey, back hurting and just plain down in the dumps.

Rylee has been very off for the past couple of weeks. She doesn't want to leave the house and she wants both me and Paul around all the time. She told me today that she is very tired all the time. Two weeks ago we took both kids with us to do a little Christmas shopping, she cried a lot and just wanted to go home the whole time. She got so worked up to the point that she made herself sick to her stomach and needed multiple bathroom breaks but as soon as we got home she was totally fine. Last Thursday night she threw up twice in the middle of the night but was fine the next day. This past Saturday, Paul and I went to go do our major shopping trip which means that we had to talk to Santa so we left the kids with my mother-in-law. Well after being there for about 2 or 3 hours Rylee began to cry and get real upset wanting me to come home. We had way to much to do so we just had to finish and hope that she would snap out of it. She didn't! She cried for several hours wanting us to come home. Once she saw us she was better. After church on Sunday she had to stay for play practice. She didn't want to and was very worried about if I was going home or somewhere else while she was there...I should mention that we live directly across the street from the church. Then today as soon as I got to my class my cell started to ring. It was Rylee's school and they said she was complaining of her stomach hurting and just sitting in the nurses station crying.... A LOT! My school isn't close to Rylee's school so it took me a little while to get to her but when I got there she was still crying....A LOT! She swears that her stomach is hurting but she has had nothing happen to make me think that she is sick. She came home and went to bed.
I have pleaded with her to tell me what is wrong with her. Rylee is usually an outgoing, independent and happy child but the past couple of weeks she just doesn't seem like herself. She has never ever had a problem staying with someone else but now doesn't want us out of her sight. I asked if she had a bad dream and her answer was no. I asked if something happened at school and she said no. I asked if anything at all had happened that would make her feel this way and she said no. Her answer is that she doesn't know why she feels this way but that sometimes at school she will start missing us and literally get sick feeling. She says that she is very tired all the time and that her head and stomach is hurting a lot. The key is that Rylee is never ever tired but yet she says she has no energy. She will be eight in January and will be due for a check-up but now I am starting to wonder if something more is going on and if I should get her in to see the Dr. sooner?? I'm very worried about my little lady:(

2 comments:

  1. You know your child better than anyone else, Tabby Cat. You are your child's only advocate. If you think something is wrong, take her to the doctor. Tell them she has been acting out of character and ask them to do a full work-up and a blood screen. If they don't find anything, then you have done all you can do. But if she still says her head and stomach hurt, I would definitely press for more tests. Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awww, poor Riley. I feel for you all and hope that this will turn around soon. Perhaps a trip to the doctor would help or at least ease your mind and her fear.

    ReplyDelete