Sunday, December 26, 2010

That's a WRAP....

Can you believe that Christmas has come and gone?? I know I can't! I have to admit that this was one of the better Christmas' that I have had in a very long time. For the first time since having kids (8 years) NO ONE was sick if you don't count a little boy with a snotty nose. I don't count it as sick if it doesn't slow them down and trust me, it didn't.
So the fun began on Thursday night at Nanny's house. The kids had so much fun. Rylee especially loves being with her cousins so she really enjoyed herself.

Rylee waiting to open presents with a few of her cousins on my side of the family.

This is my nephew Caden....he was so proud of his wings:)

Then on Christmas Eve we did lunch with my hubby's side of the family. It was a nice gathering where we get to see family that we don't see very often. By this point Tegan was getting the hang of things and was so excited about presents. Seriously Mom, can we open the presents already??

Then there was Christmas Eve night. For the first time in my entire 30 years of life we didn't have a family gathering on Christmas Eve night. At first I was a little sad and worried about what we would do to fill the time but then the more I thought about it and the idea of having the kids in the bed early, it was an unexpected treat. We did decide to do something a little different. My parent's divorced when I was little and so when my dad would get us for Christmas he would always take us to either the Varsity or the Waffle House to eat for Christmas b/c he didn't cook. So on Christmas Eve night we decided to take the kids to the waffle house for supper and it was so yummy. We were home early, got ready for bed, made cookies and the kids were in the bed by 8:00. I was especially excited that I was able to go to bed before 11:00 on Christmas Eve b/c usually it is more like 1:00 AM.
Christmas morning was so much fun b/c it was Tegan's first real year of knowing what was happening. Both kids were so excited and I am so blessed to have kids that absolutely appreciated every single thing they got.

Then there was Christmas at Grandma's again on Christmas day and a late breakfast. Later on Christmas day we had Christmas with my dad. By the time these gatherings came around we were so exhausted that I didn't even hardly take a picture.
I was so tired and ready to be home. I got the best nights sleep last night. I am looking forward to getting lots done this week at home and having Paul at home all week long. My favorite gift I got for Christmas was a new kitchen table. It makes my kitchen look so different. I got lots of great Christmas gifts and in the words of Rylee...."I got so much more than I deserve". (She seriously said that at the end of Christmas day)

1 comment:

  1. Congrats on your new kitchen table :) and Merry Christmas toy your clan of little Minish's!!

    ReplyDelete