Sunday, January 2, 2011

Don't Blink

So of course I am a little later with this post than I planned. My husband has been off all this past week and he has just thrown my schedule all out of whack. Add two kids out of school and you get a mama that is doing a lot of cleaning and cooking that normally she wouldn't be doing if everyone was at their usual places. I start back school tomorrow, hubby starts back work on Tuesday, Teg starts back school on Tuesday and Ry rounds it out by heading back to school on Wed. Side note: Ry has definitely overcome her issues b/c she has been talking for days about how she has had a lot of time with us and is missing her friends so she thinks it is time to go back to school.
Anyway I just can't believe that this past year is over. It was thankfully one of the less eventful years that we have had in a very long time. I went to school the whole year (that's a first), Teg started preschool and my husband FINALLY found a new job. I would say that 2010 was a great year and I have no complaints. In fact I think by having a low key year it has really helped to heal us from all the stuff that has happened in the previous years. I am so praying for 2011 (I wrote 2012 the first time I typed that:) to be the same. I am looking forward to applying to my programs for school and determined to pray myself right in to one or five of them.
Sadly our kids will turn 8 and 4 this year and we will be celebrating 10 years of marriage. I just can't believe how fast time has gone by and can't help but fear at how quickly the rest of my life will go. I am so afraid to blink b/c I know that every time I do I am missing something.
As with every new year I always make resolutions that NEVER happen but this year I am calling them goals. It just doesn't seem right to not make some kind of goal for the year so even if it doesn't happen at least I had good intentions. So here they are:
1. Cut down on how often I tell my kids "No I can't play right now", "I'm busy" or "Maybe later". I am so broken hearted that Ry is turning 8 soon and even more broken hearted to think of how many times I have said those three phrases to her!
2. Cut down on my computer time. Such as facebook and reading other peoples blogs:)
3. Teach Tegan how to talk with an inside voice. No joke, I thought he had a hearing problem but the Dr laughed at me when I mentioned it to him. He is so loud that it just cuts like a knife sometimes. Nothing is a secret when it is being repeated by Teg. I love that kid but he got that straight from my Daddy!

So that's it. Nothing that can't be achieved. I always say I need more hours in the day and I'm pretty sure I can find them if my face isn't stuck in the computer all the time! I am cutting out 75% of my computer time while the kids are awake and plan to mostly get on during nap time and after bedtime. I say only 75% b/c I do have 2 completely online classes this quarter and one that is half online and half on campus so to think that I won't be on the computer at all is a little unrealistic.

I don't know what it is about the New Year that makes us feel like anything is possible and like we are getting a fresh start but I do feel that way and I pray that you make the changes you need to make before it is to late to go back! Hope the new year was safe for everyone and praising God for the great year I have ahead of me!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment