Friday, January 14, 2011

Ice Ice Baby

Goodness me will this ever end. We have been covered in snow and ice for FIVE days now. I know that doesn't sound like much to you northerners but for us southern folks this has been pure torture. It started late Sunday night with a whole bunch of snow and then over the last week all that snow has iced over and just doesn't seem to be in any kind of hurry to leave. We have been pretty much stuck in the house but at least this time around we have power so that has made it so much better. The kids and I finally got out today and went to the post office and grocery store so I am already feeling a little better but the roads still have a few slick spots and the snow/ice on the grassy areas is still thick and not melting.

I love my kids...I really do but all this together time after just having all that together time around Christmas is nearly killing me. They are bored and after the first day could care less about going out in the snow. They are fighting with each other like crazy. We all have short tempers right now. I haven't gotten a lick of school work done. Every time I clean the house it is destroyed in 15 minutes. I am just ready for us to go back to our routine and move on from the white stuff. Is that to much to ask??

No comments:

Post a Comment