Wednesday, January 5, 2011

It Is Mine...Not Yours!

There are always going to be those people, the ones that look down on others because of what they don't have. I have been complaining a lot lately about my old, small home that I don't feel like I can be proud of. It isn't what everyone else has and at age 30 I thought I would be somewhere different by this point. Recently my sister-in-law had a car accident. Still unsure of whether her car will be totaled or not she made a comment that made me think...she said "I have done all this complaining about my little car and now here I am with no car" or something like that (maybe not those exact words but you get the point). It made me think about how I have not been taking good care of my home because I am not happy with it. I keep dreaming of the homehouse that I will someday have and the sooner the better. I am wasting my time. Yes I do hope that my dream house is in my future but I also need to realize that no matter what others think this is my houseHOME and I am going to appreciate what God has given me at this moment.
It is my house, not yours. Before you judge others let me put something in perspective for you, we are not well off but we live within our means. While you have the big house and more than likely the big house payment to go along with it, I have the small house without that payment. While you drive the brand new nice car, I drive my older vehicle with NO CAR PAYMENT! While your kid has everything they can ever dream of, I am teaching my kid that simple is better and having everything handed to you is not going to make you happy. Is there anything wrong with having the nice house, nice cars and giving your kids everything they want...No! But you do it your way and I do it mine. This takes me back to the whole "You just never know" thing that I say. Just as if you don't know what other people are going through you also shouldn't judge others based on what they have because they may just have a hefty savings that will see them through in hard times. They may just be waiting to get what they really want in the long run but doing it their way.
I am working very hard to be content where I am at because one thing is certain....it is not promised to be here tomorrow!

1 comment:

  1. Great post Tabatha, it's so easy to get wrapped up in what we want and not realize what we have and to live in the moment. I hope you guys had a great holiday, keep following your heart and it will lead you in the right direction of the push vs. pulls.

    Glad that R was excited to get back to school, hopefully it will continue.

    (As you can tell I am playing catch up!) :)

    ReplyDelete