Monday, March 29, 2010

A Burger with a kick

So the other day I had a regular old burger at a fancy (by that I mean anything that doesn't have a drive through window) restaurant. It was nothing special but still cost $10.00! Well I got something to beat that. In my attempt to cut our food budget I have been in to doing menu planning. I will write more about that later but for now I want to tell you about this burger. In an attempt to add something new to my menu I decided to go to the website for Campbell and look through some of their recipes. I found lots of recipes that look quick and easy. So tonight I did one of the first recipes and here is the recipe:
French Onion Burger

1 pound ground beef
1 can (10 1/2 ounces) Campbell's® Condensed French Onion Soup
4 slices cheese
4 Pepperidge Farm® Classic Sandwich Buns with Sesame Seeds, split
Shape the beef into 4 (1/2-inch-thick) burgers.
Heat a 10-inch skillet over medium-high heat. Add the burgers and cook until well browned on both sides. Remove the burgers from the skillet. Pour off any fat.
Stir the soup in the skillet and heat to a boil. Return the burgers to the skillet. Reduce the heat to low. Cover and cook for 5 minutes or until desired doneness. Top the burgers with the cheese and cook until the cheese is melted. Serve the burgers on the buns with the soup mixture for dipping.


picture is from the Campbell's website...I tried but couldn't make mine look this good:)

I have to tell you this burger is one of the best burgers I have ever had. My seven year old has never ate an entire burger in her life and she was asking for another one. It was an awesome burger and a nice change. Oh and as I was cooking I realized I didn't have to do all the research for the recipe...it was on the back of the french onion soup can:)

No comments:

Post a Comment