Friday, July 17, 2009

Where has the time gone...

I'll tell you where...in to all this dang College Algebra that I have been killing myself over. I haven't done anything but sit in front of the computer doing Algebra homework and occasionally stop to check on my kids and eat! Well all that hard work totally paid off today when I got a 67 on my first test. That's right people, I didn't do so hot. My brain can't seem to figure these word problems out which apparently is a problem for me. Let's do an example:

Shannon and Melissa are shopping in the city b/c Shannon must have Melissa to shop with her! Shannon Leaves for home in her car at 3:00 traveling at 48 miles per hour, but Melissa is engrossed in a shoe store and doesn't leave until 3:15. If she drives 66 miles per hour, how long after she leaves does she catch up with Shannon?

Three useless points to the first person who can solve that.

Anyways, in case you haven't caught on I am going to school. I started back last quarter and for the first time ever earned EIGHT college credits. I'm taking three classes this quarter, one of which is Speech. Speaking in front of people is not my idea of fun and neither was it my stomach's idea of a great day. Needless to say I survived and made a 100 on my speech about me and my inability to have a normal pregnancy! Hey, when in doubt make them cry. The teacher could never give a bad grade to the girl that got choked up talking about losing her son! Luckily I wasn't the only one who had a sad story. There were a couple ladies who actually started to cry during their speech. I bet they got extra credit points. No seriously, it wasn't as bad as I thought and if we have about 5 more people drop that class then it will be like talking in front of just the three other people that live in my house.
So if you have been wondering where I have been (MOM who doesn't call b/c she reads my blog, so since I haven't updated she decided to call and check on me) that is it. I have been pouring my heart in to classes only to decide that I must change my major. Apparently they don't like people to do ultrasounds who aren't good at College Algebra! What ever happened to 2+2????

No comments:

Post a Comment