Friday, December 23, 2011

What did she forget....Christmas Part 1

We started our Christmas celebrations tonight.  We always have to do my side of the family early or late b/c with five of us kids(all married with our own kids) it can be hard to find a free moment on the actual holiday. 
I worked hard today making some yummy treats that I found on pinterest.  They were a huge hit.  In fact, everything that I took got wiped out!
 This was my yummy sweets tray!
 These little pretzel snacks are the perfect combo of sweet and salty.  I found these on pinterest and they are so super easy to make.  You use mini pretzels, Hershey kisses and m&ms.  Just place your Hershey kiss on top of each pretzel.  Place in the oven at 275 for just a few minutes.  Remove and push in the M&M.  Easy and awesome is totally my style:)
I also got the idea for these brownie bites off of pinterest but I think I didn't do them the way they said.  That didn't really matter though b/c everyone loved them and I am pretty sure my niece Addison will be up with a belly ache tonight b/c she probably downed about 5 of these things!  All you do is use a regular box brownie mix.  Don't cook completely....just about 15 minutes.  I cooked them in a mini cupcake pan.  When the toothpick in the middle trick comes out still a little wet, just take a butter knife and put a small slit in the top.  Melt regular peanut butter for 45 seconds in the microwave.  Take a teaspoon and ooze a little peanut butter on top.  Then top with peanut butter and chocolate chips. 
I had to put both of these desserts in the refrigerator for just a few minutes so that the chocolate would set and not make a huge mess. 

Any who...we are a family of 26 strong when we get together.  This is just my Mom, step dad, siblings and their families.  It is loud, chaotic and crazy but we have fun no doubt.  My main finger food dish aside from sweet stuff was crock pot cheese dip.  I got all the way over to my mom's when I remembered that I didn't bring chips for the cheese dip.  My sweet husband made a quick Walmart run which was totally crazy being a Friday night before Christmas weekend at 6:00 PM.  I double checked all my stuff but the chips never crossed my mind.  The food got all ate up, the presents for the kids were exchanged and lots of fun talk went on.  I didn't hardly get any pictures at all b/c for the first time in a long time I just wanted to sit back and enjoy being with my family. 
I packed everything up to leave, checked to make sure I had every thing and we headed home.  Half way home I remembered that I had taken off my wedding rings while washing the dishes and I left them by my mom's kitchen sink.  I am not usually the dish washer over there and I had to laugh and say that I was being punished for trying to help out a little more this year:)  So we turned around and headed back.  Tegan's comment was that we were about to have to start all over again. 
Everyone is in bed and knocked out at my house right now.  Tomorrow is another big day with a lunchtime family gathering and then our own family of four adventure before preparing for Santa to come.  No worries....I'm keeping my finger food contributions simple tomorrow so hopefully I will be able to remember everything.

No comments:

Post a Comment