Wednesday, December 7, 2011

Gearing up for Christmas....

Oh my....I have shopped and shopped and shopped and am still not done but boy have I had fun!!!  My husband and I have been married for nearly 11 years and during that time he has always bought pretty much all the Christmas gifts that we have ever given.  What can I say, I'm not great at saving up money like he is:)  He hates to spend money so it seems that having to buy all the presents leaves him acting like a bit of a scrooge.  Well this year my goal was to change that.  My little invitation business has been doing pretty good and has pretty much funded Christmas this year.  It has been awesome to take that stress off of my husband and even better for me....the girl who doesn't have to ask her husband for shopping money:)   Since Christmas is my absolute favorite day ever, I hope my husband can now enjoy this day with me instead of dreading it!

I got a pretty slow start on my shopping.  Both kids have asked for at least one pretty expensive but yet small in size item from Santa.  As always, it has been way to easy for me to shop for Rylee and now I am having to stop buying her gifts and catch up on Tegan.  I am so close to the finish line but then someone has to wrap all these presents!!!

I have probably went a little overboard this year on my kid's Christmas.  We usually set a budget but this year I just didn't want to do that.  When I think back over the last several years, there hasn't been much buying of extras for our children.  Yes, we always give them what they need but we haven't exactly been in the position to buy them things they long for.  In fact, other than clothes at season change, I can't tell you the last time I bought a fun item or toy for my kids.  We are also going to do a few fun Christmas and other activities with them over the next couple of weeks....again this is something we haven't had the luxury of doing pretty much since I went out of work when pregnant with Tegan. 

Don't get me wrong, things can still be pretty tight and we aren't going crazy but just trying to enjoy the season and make memories with our babies while we can!  I don't think I have ever looked so forward to Christmas in my adult life as I am this year!  

No comments:

Post a Comment