Wednesday, September 28, 2011

Random stuff!

Things seem to be moving right along.  Tegan went back to school this week.  His eyes are still a little pink but that is something they told us to expect for a very very long time.  It is still really hard to tell about the success of the surgery especially when it comes to him seeing far away but I can tell you that it is looking like it solved the problem of the head tilt which was the most noticeable feature of his eye condition.  It will be totally awesome if it stays like this and doesn't set him up for being picked on by other kids as he gets a little older.
The picture on the left was about 5 days after surgery and the one on the right was last night.  Huge improvement in the color. 
 
I continue to place him in God's hands and believe that everything is healing just like it should be and that he will be just fine!

Yesterday I went to the grocery store and bought me several healthy choices instead of my normal ice cream and chips for snacks.  I heart pinterest so much and have been pinning all types of recipes on there.  I had saw this a while ago and wanted to give it a try.  Of course mine didn't look nearly as beautiful as the one posted by KevinandAmanda that I pinned (you can click her picture below to go to see how she did it).
The one on the left is the one I pinned and the one on the right is mine:)

Of course I had to modify it for my taste.  I used the same granola that she used b/c it was on sale and was the cheapest:)  Of course I used strawberries but let me be clear...they were the most sour strawberries I have ever had.  So I ate as many as I could stand and then started eating around them.  She uses regular yogurt.  I am just not a regular yogurt person.  I have tried to like it but just can't.  So I used about a 1/2 of a cup of Mayfield's frozen vanilla yogurt and poured a small amount of 2% milk over it to make it softer. I poured it all in my cup and it was great!!!  Had my strawberries tasted better it would have been perfect!  I am not a granola person but granola on frozen yogurt is AWESOME!

Life is moving along as usual although I am very tired all the time.  Not your average body tired but my eyes have seemed so heavy lately.  I am pretty sure that I have went off to sleep at least 3 times in the past two days while driving down the road.  Maybe I have developed a bit of narcolepsy....whatever it is, I hope it passes soon.
Happy Wed. everyone...let us hope that the rest of the week is smooth and fast:)

No comments:

Post a Comment