Wednesday, August 11, 2010

Growing Pains

I've been having growing pains lately. I'm not good with change unless it is the kind that involves me winning lots of money in the lottery that I don't play. Rylee starting school was no big deal to me. See I never got to stay home with Rylee...I always worked until I started staying home after Tegan and she would be at school. Well I have been with Tegan for all of almost three years of his little life. When he started preschool this past Monday I really wanted to sit across the street from the preschool and watch him like a stalker lady all day but everyone advised against it. It is definitely going to take some getting use to.
I have to say that he did a great job and didn't even have to be peeled off of my body. Not a tear was shed by him...me, well I'll never tell. I have been so eager to pick him up everyday that I get over there super early and have to sit in the car for a while. He is loving it and is finally thinking a little more like a big boy. He is wanting to drink from a big boy cup and not a sippy cup which means extra messes around the house b/c he doesn't understand that you have to hold the cup straight up to keep the milk from pouring out. Another big change is that he is wanting to be in his big boy bed. Which would be a great thing if he didn't wake up at the times of 1 am, 2 am, 3 am, 4 am, 5 am and finally 7 am. He is for sure trying but he just thinks that when he wakes up that it is time to start his day. Last night I slept most of the night in the bed with him just to get him to stay in there. The baby bed is still up and I am begging him to sleep in it tonight because Mama is TIRED!!!!

Tegan eating some crackers before heading off to preschool!

Tegan outside his new preschool. He wouldn't let me take any other pictures. He said to "TOP Mama"....so I did.
Time just keeps flying by and some days I love that my babies are growing up and love the new stages of their lives, then there are those days I want to go back in time to smell that baby smell in the nook of their little necks. Either way I know that I am blessed to be here to watch them grow in to young little people!


No comments:

Post a Comment