Monday, August 16, 2010

The Big Boy Bed is OVER RATED

Last week when Tegan started preschool he instantly decided that he was a big boy and was no longer going to sleep in his baby bed. He has both a big boy bed and baby bed in his room as of right now and I am about ready to give up and put him back in the baby bed. We have tried the big boy bed before and it didn't work out b/c he wouldn't stay in it long enough to go to sleep. Well now he is staying in there wonderful to fall asleep but the problem comes when he wakes up. He could sleep five hours or two but when he wakes up he thinks he is suppose to come wake me up and then wants me to lay down with him. I want to cry. The first night he slept in there he actually got up and ran in my room all upset and asking was I ok and why was I laying down...I'm pretty sure he thought that mommy stayed up around the clock. Tegan has always been an awesome sleeper...goes to bed at 8:30 and before he started school he would sleep until around 9:30 every single day. He would never ever wake up at night...EVER!!! I want those nights back.
When it is daylight outside he says that it is "blue" outside. So last night I told him not to get up until it was blue outside and I then put the baby gate up at his door so that he couldn't wonder around the house in the middle of the night. Well he would wake up yelling across the house about how it wasn't blue outside yet. At some point I just grabbed my pillow and went to his bed with him. I'm not going to lie, this is killing me. I need sleep and not broken newborn baby sleep but REAL SLEEP! All of this on top of me trying to adjust to getting up very early for the first time in over three years. I wonder if I bribed him with a cookie would he get back in his baby bed??

No comments:

Post a Comment