Thursday, June 25, 2009

The Summer Bug

If there is a such thing as a summer bug, we've got it! My kids are sleeping in every morning. This morning they both slept until 10:00 but don't worry, I got up at 9:30:) Rylee and Tegan are doing a lot of fighting playing but mostly Rylee is enjoying being out of school and being lazy. Most recently we ran in to Mrs. Standridge at Target. Mrs. Standridge was her amazing kindergarten teacher. Along with Ms. Looney they encouraged Rylee in all areas of school work but also in her "love" of performing by letting her go and sing for all the other kindergarten classes...which she did willingly. I can only pray that those two wonderful teachers get Tegan in their class when he goes to kindergarten. I digress, my point is that at target that day Mrs. Standridge asked Rylee if she had been reading a lot this summer and Rylee's response to her was "No, I have been being lazy and watching a lot of TV!" Well obviously there is one thing she didn't learn in kindergarten and that is when to not say to much, a simple "No" would have been just fine! Well Mrs. Standridge you will be proud to know that she is reading again and hasn't lost any of her skills. I must show proof on my blog b/c Mrs. Standridge and Ms. Looney check the blog from time to time.




She reads these great short books to Tegan but when it comes time to read to me she picks the longest book she can find. Me and Tegan both just sit and listen to her as she has a very dramatic flair when reading a book. She is one entertaining and smart cookie!

2 comments:

  1. I miss that girl!!
    Ms.Looney

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Rylee,
    It was so good getting to see you at Target that day. Thanks for being such a wonderful and sweet little girl. You were an awesome student and we will really miss you. I loved your beach pictures and I am so glad you and your family got to make it to the beach this year. We went to the beach last week and had a great time. Call me sometime!!
    Mrs. Standridge

    ReplyDelete