Friday, May 20, 2011

Flat Tire....

So this isn't really about a flat tire but that is the only thing I can compare it to. Lately I have been having these strange moments where my brain just stops working. Go ahead and laugh but you will feel bad in a minute.
When you have a flat tire for just a few minutes your world stops but it can be easily fixed to get you back in the rat race fairly quickly. Well lately my mind has been stopping for less than a minute. I mean really stopping. Like not just being forgetful and not mommy brain. It has happened to me about 5 times over the past 2 1/2 weeks and when it does I get this strange tingly feeling all over my entire body. Then suddenly I snap out of it. Like I was talking to Betty, the lady that helps to pick up my kids from school when I can't. She was talking away while I listened and suddenly I couldn't remember her name. It was this awful feeling and this is not a person that I should forget her name. That same day I was at Ry's soccer game. A mom was talking to me and telling me this really funny story but for about 20 seconds my brain shut off, I zoned out and I can't tell you a word she said. I was standing there just looking at her right in the eyes but not a clue what she was saying. The first time it happened I was at work and was in the middle of telling a story and suddenly I lost what I was saying but I chalked it up to being tired from staying up all night at work.
This doesn't feel the same as drawing a blank b/c when you draw a blank atleast your brain is attempting to remember something but when this happens to me it is like everything shuts down and suddenly snaps back on. It has really terrified me but I keep thinking that it is just b/c I am tired.
So I set down to tell Paul that I fear I have early onset Alzheimer's and he laughs at me and tells me that he does this all the time. In fact sometimes when I am talking to him he doesn't hear me even though he looks like he is listening. I didn't find that very funny since I was preparing to die. I guess this is what happens...you turn 30 and not only start falling apart physically but you start losing your mind too! In a few short weeks I will be 31...can't wait to see what is in store for me then!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment