Wednesday, July 2, 2008

Adventures with Granny

I love my Granny. I use to get to spend lots of time with her and my grandpa before he passed away. Even after he was gone I still always got to go get her once a week and go to lunch and take her to Goody's or something like that. Well as I have gotten older, married and procreated, life has gotten busier and I don't see my Granny very much at all.
If my memory is correct she is 81 1/2 years old and still going strong. She is very funny even when she doesn't mean to be and has never been one of those mean Granny's.
Here is my 2 hours with Granny yesterday. I picked her up to take her to the funeral home for a friend and the family that we both know. We get there 10 minutes before it starts and she insist on going on in. So we go in and no one else but the family is there. We pay our respects and she stands there and says "now what" and I say "we're done, we can go" and she reluctantly says o.k. Then she ask to go to Walmart to pick up some thread. Which was perfect for me b/c I needed to go there anyways to take back a car I had gotten Tegan (more on that later). We go in and I notice that Granny is not as fast as she use to be. We get in the door and I go return the car well she follows....slowly but she gets there. Then we notice that the thread she is looking for is all the way at the back of the store. I mean alllll the way at the back of a huge walmart. So 10 or 15 minutes later we arrive at the thread. She was so funny b/c I would stop to look back to see if she was behind me and she would stop too and look back like I was looking at someone else. Then the new car that I needed to get was all the way back up in the front right hand corner of this HUGE Walmart. So when we get to the toys...15 minutes later...I tell her to stand in one spot and let me find the car. She did so without argument. Then she needed Sam's choice cola's...not Coke or pepsi from the multiple displays that we kept passing but it had to be Sam's choice. So I make her stand all the way up front while I go find them. You guessed it, they were all the way in the very back left hand corner of this HUGE walmart. I finally get them and go back up front and notice there are no registers open where she is so I start waving for her to walk my way...she doesn't see me. Well we check out and all is well until we go to the parking lot and I was pretty sure her feet were moving although she wasn't getting anywhere. At one point I honestly thought a car was going to hit her. Instead of stopping they would just go around her. What's wrong with these people! Finally we are in the car and headed home. I laughed as I repeated the story to Paul b/c she is just so dang cute. Could I have thrown her over my shoulder in that store I would have.
If you are reading this Granny...I love you and you may want to consider a motorized scooter! Ha! I'm just kidding! Thanks for going with me to the funeral home!

1 comment:

  1. WELL YOUR AUNT SUSIE READ THE GRANNY POST TO YOUR GRANNY & I, WE ALL 3 LAUGHED YOUR GRANNY THOUGHT IT WAS A JOKE THAT SHES NOT REALY THAT SLOW BUT SUSIE SAID SHE KNOWS HOW U FELT & I DO TOO. YOUR GRANNY IS A GREAT WOMAN & STILL SHARP AS A TACK WHEN SHE NEEDS TO BE . LOVE YOUR MOM

    ReplyDelete