Friday, September 21, 2012

Favorite Thing Friday

I like to shop but I don't like to pay a lot for stuff:)  I think that for favorite thing Friday, it is safe to say that getting a deal on the items is more exciting to me than the actual items.  I just LOVE to get stuff at 1/4 of the original price.  Most of the time I head straight to the clearance area when I walk through the door or a retail shop.
This past week I was guessing that it is time for stores to start marking down some of their summer items.  I didn't find a lot of stuff like I hoped but I am sure there will be lots of mark downs over the next couple of weeks.  Now typically when I go on the sales hunts, it is for my kids stuff.  I would say 90% of my shopping money goes to them.  This means that I have to try even harder to find stuff on sale for myself.

I hate bathing suit shopping.  I mean like really hate it.  I can never find a bathing suit that fits me the way I like.  This summer I kicked it in to high gear with some tummy crunches and leg squats.  We were going to the beach late in the summer and I wanted to be bathing suit ready.  I know I only have a few more years of being age appropriate for a bikini (although my trip to the beach taught me that some women don't care about the cut off).  Speaking of....what is the cut off age for wearing a bikini??
Anyways, I finally found a two piece that I loved and that looked somewhat decent on me.  I didn't find it until about 3 weeks before heading to the beach and once I found it, I had to have it.  I found it at Target of all places.  I had avoided the bikinis all summer but this one actually had just enough coverage.  I paid $17.99 for each piece totaling $35.98 + tax.  Yesterday I stopped by target to do a quick run through the clearance area.  
First thing that caught my eye....clearance bathing suits.  Even better, the style that I fell in love with earlier this summer was marked WAY down. Since it was a different color than the one I already have, I had to have it.  Oh, did I mention that each piece was only $5.38 totaling $10.76 + tax for the whole thing!!!  That is a huge price cut from the $35.98!  
Now I am completely ready for next years trip and I don't even have to spend a ton of money and go on a 3 month search for the perfect bathing suit.  Now if only I can keep the Little Debbie's, chips and coke from adding that tummy back so that I can actually wear it.


Earlier in the week I hit up Cato's clearance racks.  I love Cato's.  As a youngin in high school, I worked at Cato's.  Then I went back and worked there again with my dear friend as my boss right before I met my husband   In fact, it was Cato's and that boss (Chrissy) that got me and him together:)  Any who, I found these two super cute tops for just $3.99 each!  I was so excited b/c they fit perfect and don't let me forget to mention that I had to get a size small instead of a medium like usual.  Did I mention that I love Cato's b/c their clothes are bigger on me than most other places?? 
I will wear these during the winter too with cardigan sweaters or my denim jacket on top.

I always shop out of season for myself and I don't even mind having to wait months before I can wear an item.  Just knowing that I got something cute for a great deal is my favorite thing and helps to cure my craving for shopping!!!!  

1 comment:

  1. I've found a few good deals at The American Thrift store for kids and they always have an extra 10% off coupon in The Little Coupon Book!!!! Extra Savings

    ReplyDelete