Thursday, June 14, 2012

Summertime Catch Up

Warning....long picture post ahead!!!
Summer is in full swing around our house.  I thought that by not working I was going to have lots more time on my hands to keep up with my blog but that hasn't been the case:(  Sorry....I am going to try to do better.  
So far this summer there has been lots of hitting, name calling and fighting going on between the little ones but  I am surviving.  When they get bored, things get bad.  Sweet T likes to pick at his sister and she is at an age where if you look at her across the room, she burst in to tears.  I am making the most of it and trying to find a good balance between keeping them busy and being able to sit over at the computer and work on my business stuff while they try to harm each other.  I don't know which one is winning but given the fact that Ry is locked up in her room today, I would say it is the latter of the two.  

As I said before, we had to cancel our beach trip at the last minute which still has me crying on the inside.  Luckily we were able to move our deposit to a different week so we still get to go.  The bad news is, it isn't within the next two months.  

So instead of the beach, we enjoyed a very long and fun day out on the lake.  Disclaimer...don't let the picture fool you, I'm sure they were fighting but they are both always ready to have their picture made!   

Then we went to a local water park.  I say local but it was really about 40 minutes away but it is the closest one we got.  It also happens to be super cheap....$8 per a person.  The kids loved it and I have plans to go back in the next couple of weeks.  It had just enough stuff to keep them busy but wasn't so big that I would lose Ry as she ran around with her older cousins while I watched my fast as lightening little boy run around and play.  

We then had a full week of VBS at church.  Whew....lots of kids but mostly lots of really little kids which is unusual.  It was a crazy week but I don't know why I am complaining, I am the VBS photographer so at least I didn't have to try to control the little ones. 




Then this insane mama schedules swimming lessons for her wild little man, the very same week as VBS.  Crazy IDEA.  It sounded like a good idea to get them over with in the same week but I guess it isn't when VBS last until 9:00 PM and swimming lessons start at 9:00 AM.
He did good though.  He is/was very scared of water so I was pretty shocked that he got in at all much less put his head under water.  
He wasn't wanting to do it!

 Mrs. Dan was trying to talk him in to it.  
I love her b/c she doesn't force him in but she can talk anybody in to anything:)
What is swimming lessons without a little crying:)


 Yay!  He did it!  

 He was so proud of himself!!!

Then I turned 32  23:)  Yep this lady had a birthday and celebrated all weekend with so much food that I am now dieting and some fun shopping.  My husband was sure that the celebration wasn't ever going to end!!!  
If 32 is half as good as 31 was to me, I will be blessed.  So far my 30's have been better to me than any other age range and I still feel like the best is yet to come!!!  





Whew...I think you are all caught up now.  We are having a pretty lazy week around here this week and getting some things done around the house.  It is a very nice change from the past couple of crazy weeks!
Happy Thursday everyone!!!  
Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment