Here are some things you would need to know:
1. You can use any old 3G phone from Verizon. It doesn't have to be a smartphone but you can't use 4G phones yet.
2. There is NO CONTRACT!!! Every 30 days you just go online and renew your plan. It is so awesome that we aren't locked in to a company for another 2 years!
3. You DO get to keep your current number. You pay a one time fee of $14.99 to have your current number ported in to them. You handle all that over the Internet. Once they send you an email saying that your number has been ported, you go back on and purchase your plan. They then set it up and activate it on your phone. You don't have to do anything but give them your ESN number which is located on or under the battery on your phone.
4. From what I've read, Page Plus uses Verizon towers. Our service has been no different than when we were under a contract with Verizon. But I also have to say that I think they may be picking up At&t towers too because my regular Verizon phone never picked up at my mom's but their At&t phones do....well yesterday when I had to run over there for something, my phone worked perfect!!!
5. You have to find your own phone if you don't already have one. I bought a Droid from a friend that had just updated their phones and my husband bought his Droid off of Ebay.
6. Whenever I got confused while switching our phones over, I would email Kitty Wireless and they would respond super quick. Like way quicker than any response you will ever get from your bigger phone companies. It was a super easy and a painless process!
7. We started with the $39.95 (each phone) plan. It has unlimited talk & text and 100mb of data. I know that doesn't seem like a lot of data to some of you but for someone who has never had Internet on their phone, it is enough for now. We just started with that plan to see how much data we will need. There is also a $55.00 a month plan that includes unlimited talk and text and 1,000mb of data....but they just sent out an email saying that plan is about to stay the same price and the data is going up to 2,000mb a month. They also have some awesome cheap plans for the "not big" cell phone users!
So right now we are saving $40 a month based on our regular plan and getting so much more than we got on our other phones. We would have been paying twice that if we had smartphones with Verizon! The only downfall I can find (which isn't the companies fault) is that I can't multitask and hold the droid to my ear b/c my face hits the touch screen and cuts off the calls:) Oops!! Oh and I have no idea how to use a smartphone but I'm learning! We still get caller ID, voicemail, call waiting, etc....
I have to say again, I was very skeptical of it (especially the name Kitty Wireless) but I have been very impressed with the phone service and customer service. If it is time to renew your phone contracts, just give it a try for a month. You aren't obligated to anything and will love it!!! We have only had these plans for about 3 weeks now but so far so good!!!
Just click here to go to Kitty Wireless!!!!
No one is paying me to do this. I am just pleased with my new service and wanted to share the love! Happy Friday everyone!!!!