Tuesday, November 1, 2011

My Newly Recovered Old Loveseat

My addiction to pinterest is a great one!  It is very inspiring and has me cooking different things, wearing different outfits and creating a few things also.  I saw a post on reupholstering a couch recently on pinterest and it totally inspired me to possibly do this for my own couch or love seat.   So I went to Home Depot and bought two big drop cloths at $10 each.  I came home and stood there scratching my head trying to figure out where to begin while my husband looked at me like I had gone crazy for attempting this project.  I dropped the whole staple gun idea and went back to my sewing roots.  After spending every free minute of my entire weekend, almost admitting defeat and having a near meltdown....I did it!  Let me just say that this wasn't easy at all.  It is very far from perfect ....very far!  But it makes me happy!  I still have to get some snaps to tighten up the back of the cushion covers but I wanted to go ahead and show a picture of the transformation.....
I left a flap on the couch cushions so that I could remove the covers and wash them if I need to but that is making them move around a little so I am going to get some snap closures to hold it tight on the back.  I just love it! 
At one time I had some very dark brown slipcovers on both the love seat and the couch.  Then I took the cover off of this love seat and just had it on the couch b/c my couch and love seat totally do not match.  Now I am able to finally get rid of the couch slipcover b/c it has the same cream colored base as my new drop cloth covered love seat! 
I don't think you can beat a $20 furniture makeover!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment