Friday, November 25, 2011

BLACK FRIDAY BEGINNER!

Wow!  That is all I can say about black Friday shopping!  I have never really went Black Friday shopping.  I'm not sure what made me decide to do it this year but I have to say that I LOVED it!  Crazy isn't it!!!  My sister got to my house around 8:45 and we headed out to meet two of my friends in Athens.
We were really stupid for deciding to head in to the thick of it at Walmart....but we did it anyways.  It was packed.  The worst part was that even though the sales didn't start until 10:00 and 12:00, they had already let people load up their carts with stuff but just not check out.  They had also given out all of the tickets for electronics by the time we got there.  I was on the hunt for a good deal on a big ticket item b/c that is on the top of my daughter's Christmas list.  Well...that idea was out the window once we walked in to Walmart.  But we didn't let the madness stop us.  We walked around and grabbed what we could.  Eventually we had to head to the laundry baskets to get them to use to carry our stuff b/c all the carts were being used....every single one of them.  We got some really good deals there, checked out quick and darted off for Target.  Target didn't open until 12 but when we got there the line was across the entire front of Target, all the way around the parking lot and down the driveway to the main highway.  We decided to get in line but it really wasn't that bad.  We stood there about 30 minutes but once they started letting people in, it took no time. Target was WONDERFUL compared to Walmart.  It was very organized and not all that crazy stuff going on in there.  Even though 100's of people went in before us, we were still all able to get our hands on pretty much everything we were going for.  The line to check out was super long but they had it all figured out and it took no time to get to check out and be on our way.  We headed to a couple of other places in Athens but there wasn't much luck.  Then my sister's phone started ringing at 3:00 AM.  When she got off the phone she said her daughter just told her that the Walmart in a near by town had about 36 of the electronics that had been sold out at the first Walmart we went to.  She said they were just sitting in the back near the layaway area.  We took off for Commerce.  Walked right in to a very dead Walmart and were able to get our hands on two of the awesome electronics that people had been waiting hours for earlier in the night.

One thing I learned is that there is no way you can go do this by yourself.  We would all mention a few things to each other that we wanted and we would try to grab it for each other.  We would all share one cart so that we weren't battling to get four carts through the crowd.  Teaming up is the only way to get your hands on the things you want.  The second biggest thing that I learned was that if Walmart is starting their sales at a certain time, I will go 3 to 4 hours later b/c when we walked in the dead Walmart at 4:00 AM it pretty much looked like lots of stuff had been restocked.  They said it was super crazy at that Walmart earlier but when we got there, they still had tons and tons of stuff.

I think I was to nice of a black Friday shopper b/c I would say excuse me, please and thank you but it made for a much better night for me!  I went on this little shopping trip with a positive outlook and didn't care if I got my hands on any of the things I had in mind. I refuse to fight over stuff.  Instead of being grumpy, I stayed happy and ended up getting exactly what I went for.  I am very excited and can't wait for next year!  This is my new tradition!  I will be dragging these ladies back out again next year but I may just sleep until 2:00 AM and then get a start....let the crowds go ahead and kill each other before I get in the mix:)

After shopping from 9:00 PM to 5:00 AM....I was so tired but that won't stop me from looking forward to it next year!!!  Happy Black Friday!  I hope you are all in the Christmas spirit.  When shopping this holiday season don't be rude, grumpy and in poor spirits.  When you are positive and happy, you will enjoy it more and you might just get super good deals on exactly what you need or want!!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment