Saturday, December 15, 2012

Romans

I'm not the best Bible reader.  In fact, I'm not a huge reader at all.  I can read a few lines and five seconds later, I have no idea what I just read.  I wish I had the discipline to read in the bible on a daily basis.  I truly (meaning with all my heart) love nothing more than to run across a great bible verse that speaks to me and can honestly change my life.

I don't think God is mad at me b/c I'm not a reader.  In fact, I think that he finds different ways to hit me with his word.  I am a huge real life reader.  I love to read real life stories about other people's lives.  Hints why I like to write and blog:)  In particular, I love to read real life stories that show me how God holds us, loves us, changes us, hurts us and picks us up.  I have my very own story that most of you know.  Just a little over six years ago, I didn't really have a story but I believe with everything that is in me that God gives us these stories as part of the a much bigger plan.  

When I am worried, at my weakest or maybe even not appreciating life like I should, God sends his word to me in a way that I will listen.  In a way that strikes me to the core.  In a way that I can learn from it.

Tonight I clicked on a blog that I read often.  In her most recent post, there was a link to another blog and for whatever reason, I clicked on it.  What I read there has sucked me in and is already teaching me things.  It is a horrific story about a mom losing her son that was playing in the rain with friends one second and then swept down a flooded creek the next.  Gone....in the blink of an eye! After reading her post where she gives the play by play of what is for sure the most horrible day of her life, for some reason I clicked to read another post of her's that was in the sidebar.  She talks about how on the very night that her son passed, her husband went to plug her cell phone in to charge and instead of her app screen coming up like normal, this was on her screen:

Romans 8:38-39

 For I am convinced that neither death nor life, neither angels nor demons, neither the present nor the future, nor any powers, neither height nor depth, nor anything else in all creation, will be able to separate us from the love of God that is in Christ Jesus our Lord.

 God spoke to her with this verse just like he spoke to me tonight at a time when I needed it most.  I am almost embarrassed to say that I have never even heard this verse before but I sure have felt every word of it as I read it over and over again.

I'm not perfect.  My God knows that.  He is OK with my imperfection but he doesn't leave me.  He finds a way to get to me even when I didn't even realize I was looking!

Blessings to all of you!


No comments:

Post a Comment