Thursday, December 20, 2012

Christmas Overload!

I have shopped, wrapped and then shopped and wrapped some more around here.  Christmas is my favorite time of the year but this year it has seemed way more stressful than normal.  I have went above and beyond to get my kiddos just what they wanted....or I shall say Rylee just what she wanted b/c Tegan said just to get him whatever I wanted him to have.  He actually told Santa to bring him anything he wanted to.  I had Rylee's list checked off quickly.  It is so much easier to shop for a girl.  But Tegan was a different story.  So by the time I went shopping 14 times looking for him some stuff that he would like, I had picked up to much stuff and had to get Rylee more stuff.  It is never ending!!!
We don't buy our kids much stuff that isn't a need throughout the year.  They basically get clothes and shoes and rarely get any kind of toy or non essential unless it is a birthday or Christmas.  I think that b/c of that, we seem to go a little more over the top the older that they get.  But that's OK, b/c they are far from being spoiled and the looks on their faces on Christmas morning makes it worth it. But I would be telling a big old story if I didn't say how happy I will be when our bank account gets to stop bleeding money!  We are very blessed to be able to give our kids a great Christmas and even more blessed that we do it without running up credit cards:)

We made an attempt at taking some time to take our kids to do something fun during this season but it kind of back fired b/c our almost 10 year old is getting to old for little old Christmas stuff and our 5 year old wasn't a fan of the really long lines that we had to wait in to ride a train and then see Santa.  He kept saying it wasn't worth it:(  But we finally got to Santa and Rylee was not excited that I made her go up to to take a picture too but she played it off well.....

Rylee told me the other day that there are kids in her class that talk about how Santa isn't real.  I have a bad feeling that this will be the last year that both of our kids believe in Santa....or atleast let us believe that they believe in Santa.  Makes me very sad.

The best part about this year is that my husband and I decided to exchange gifts for the first time in years.  Well we keep trying to one up each other and in doing so, somehow we each have as many presents under the tree as the kiddos!  I have to say that it has been fun and has turned in to a sort of game for us and it has also made both of us act like excited kids waiting to see what we will get on Christmas morning.  I highly recommend it!

If you get a chance, swing by the Cohen Lane website or facebook page and pick up a free page of printable Christmas tags....
The countdown to Christmas is on!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment