Thursday, October 18, 2012

Random Life Post....

First off....please go over and give lots of love to the parents of Super Ty at www.superty.org .  Ty lost his battle with cancer yesterday at just 5 years old.  I won't lie, I cried like a baby when I read her post.  I have followed this blog forever and even though I don't know them, I was too invested to stop reading it everyday when I knew it was making me so sad.  I have seriously prayed everyday for this little boy and prayed that he would feel peaceful and that God would have mercy on his parents.  My heart just breaks for them!

On a different note, I have felt a little better this past week.  My heart was so full of a heaviness that I just couldn't explain and still can't.  I just started to pray daily for relief and strength.  I feel like each day the heaviness lightens a little more but not completely yet.  My best friend sent me something that was in her devotion and  is so true.  This is something that I am trying to remember everyday.....
 Satan wants you to believe God is holding out on you. You can be like God. You can be your own god. Rather than being thankful for what we do have, he points out what we don’t have. 
 
We have had some sickness going on in our house.  Tegan had his 5 years shots on Monday.  Tuesday he woke up with a really high fever.  I know that is common but it just really bothered me b/c it is the first time I have ever let him get combined shots.  He usually gets them one at a time on an altered schedule b/c of his problems earlier in life.  Now I'm not so sure if it was the shots or that he caught something while we were in the Dr.'s office for TWO HOURS!!!  He is all better now and back at school against his will. 
My husband woke up Monday night sick.  In the entire 12 years we have been together, I have never known him to throw up much less have a stomach virus.  It was brutal.  It was the kind of throwing up that I could hear him doing all the way on the other side of the house.  He is still wiped out but is finally coming back to the land of the living.  I have sprayed so much Lysol in this house that I can't even smell anything anymore.  
 
Rylee is moving up in her twirling class to a more advanced class.  She loves doing it and I think a lot of that has to do with her best friend taking the class with her.
 
Tegan is playing soccer and is not a big fan.  His heart is with t-ball/baseball and that makes this mama happy.  Of course we are making him play and finish out his soccer season.  This means that we have to threaten him before every game to watch for the ball and not watch for airplanes:)
These pictures can be very deceiving....I think he is running away from the ball.


 
We have been very busy around here running our kids to soccer, twirling and Rylee's play practice.  It has seemed non stop and some days overwhelming but I wouldn't trade it for anything.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment