Monday, August 6, 2012

Back to School Babies!!!!

My babies headed back to school today!  In some ways I was ready b/c the endless fighting this summer has almost sent me over the edge but then it hit me that my baby boy was heading in to kindergarten.  My husband laughed at me as I had a "Mama Meltdown" last night b/c I told him that after you drop your kid off for kindergarten, it is all downhill from there.  Before I know it, he will be getting married:(  He did great this morning and had no issues heading in to his new classroom.  He went to pre-k at this school last year so starting kindergarten was no big deal.  His biggest worry is that he has heard you have to "study" a lot in kindergarten and he isn't really in the mood for that (his words)! What a character I have on my hands!!


My precious little lady headed off to the 4th grade today!  I'm not sure how this happened.  Just yesterday she was making that nervous ride to kindergarten and now look at her:(  She wouldn't let me walk her to her class even though I begged and pleaded.  Once we hit the doors of the school, she took off.  I had to call her back to tell me bye....she did but not without an eye roll.  Then I went a little down her hall to yell "Have a good day" to her.  She stopped, turned around and said "Mom, your on my hall....GO"!  When that happened, I was suddenly sadder about her than I was Tegan starting Kindergarten.  I mean, in a lot of ways she doesn't need me anymore.  I am clinging tight to the things that she does still need me for but I know that those moments are getting few and far between these days! 


I know I have to let these little ones grow up.  Some days I am excited and happy about all the new things they get to do b/c they are getting older but other days I am sad b/c I know that soon enough they will be flying the nest and I will have to patiently sit back and wait for grandbabies.




ENOUGH ALREADY MOM!!!

On a totally different note, I am very excited about my business and hoping that I can fill all this quiet time around the house with lots of working and actually getting all these ideas out of my head an in to reality!  Make sure to visit Cohen Lane to support me as I step up my game a little....I hope:)




No comments:

Post a Comment