Wednesday, July 11, 2012

C.R.A.Z.Y.T.O.W.N

So I feel like I have been in crazy town for a few weeks now.  Wow the exhaustion!!!!  It started with wood floors, trim and painting that seemed to never end.  There was wallpaper in the living room and kitchen that I just got tired of peeling off and slapped some kilz and paint right on top of it.  I think it turned out pretty darn good.  I did sponge painting in the kitchen area and I LOVE how it turned out.  Now I wish I would have done that in the living room.  Then came the bedrooms.  Holy crap don't ever try to paint old wood paneling all by yourself.  I started in Ry's room which then took me two ENTIRE days, one whole can of kilz and 2 gallons of paint.  That wood paneling was just soaking the paint right up and I kept slowly going over the edge.  After three full days, we finally got Ry's room and our room painted but that still left Teg's room.  Well when the boy said that he wanted his walls brown, I said DONE and left the wood paneling!!!  Even though I already bought the paint, who cares....I couldn't paint another panel wall. 
We were a little stupid b/c we scheduled our phones and satellite to be transferred and decided we would officially start moving that day but what we didn't do was check the weather and see that for the entire time that we would be moving the temps in Georgia would be around 108 or higher.  It was so hot and miserable.  I woke up sick the first morning of our move but rallied myself several hours later and pushed through.  The heat and moving on top of a nauseous stomach is not a good combo. 
This move taught me something.  I (and my daughter) am boarder line hoarder.  Not the nasty trash kind but there was stuff crammed in every single corner.  I even found a few boxes that were packed way back in the closets from when we moved in there 8 years ago...pretty sure if we haven't used it in 8 years, we don't need it.  I don't know if it was the heat or my nauseous stomach but I just wanted to throw everything away.  After six days of sorting, moving and trashing stuff in triple digit heat....we finally got moved!
I am still unpacking and putting stuff away.  Trying to get settled and hoping that this uneasy feeling (which I didn't expect to have) will soon go away:(
Huge shout out to our dear friends Larkin and Tyson who came over numerous times to save the day.  She helped me paint the living room, move and helped keep the kids while Tyson helped lay floors and trim and helped move too. 
I would like to say that I never hope to move again but more on that later!!!
Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment