Monday, July 18, 2011

On The Back Burner

If you haven't already guessed, the blog has been on the back burner lately along with myself and this really messy house. Try as I might, I just can't seem to do it all these days. My husband says I am getting old and the gray hair that not even hair color in a box could cover for long, would totally agree with him:( The kids are bored and seem to need constant refereeing attention. I have been trying my best to keep them busy while keeping my sanity.
School is upon us though and now we are busy gathering up all the thousands of things that are required to start back to school. Since I love to shop but money doesn't usually allow it, I love this time of year. Even though none of the new stuff is for me, I love to watch the kids get excited about new stuff. Tegan got a new pair of sketchers at Academy Sports this past weekend and you would have thought we bought him a puppy. He continues to say to everyone and every item in our house "See my brand new sketchers". There was a fight in Academy. I wanted the toned down new balance shoes but he wanted the brown and orange sketchers that look a little like they have monster teeth on them. I gave up....he won! He was the cutest thing ever walking through the store with his new back pack on his back, carrying his new metal Spider Man lunch box and proud of his new shoes.
Rylee is much more complicated. Her dad said no to a new back pack b/c she has several from years past but since he didn't back me up on the toned down new balance shoes for Teg....I bought her a new back pack. Don't get me wrong, it is a cheap $9 back pack with hearts and peace signs on it. I won't dare tell my husband that I actually hate the back pack:) All of her school supplies have been gathered while my husband grumbled about having to buy things like wipes, Kleenex and baggies but I just kept saying HUSH! Now is the hard part....we didn't ever really buy Rylee any great summer clothes. I just cut off a lot of her to short pants and made them in to capris or shorts. She is in a strange size b/c most clothes are made 7/8 or 10/12. Well my 8 1/2 year old can't wear what she could wear at age 7 and she sure can't wear what she will be wearing at 12. So this leaves me feeling like I am looking for a needle in a haystack....size 9's or just plain old size 10's. I dread it b/c I am very plain and basic and she is very out there in her style. We fight over what she can and cannot wear. I'm sure that will begin this upcoming weekend.
So many other things have been going on that distract me from the blog but since I am pretty sure no one is still reading this post after my rant about school shopping, I will save that list of things for another day!

No comments:

Post a Comment