Sunday, June 9, 2013

Myrtle Manor

Have you ever watched the show Myrtle Manor on TLC?  Well I have and I love that show.  It is a pretty simple little show but very entertaining at the same time.
When we were at the beach, I was determined to find the place where this show is filmed.  Luckily my sister-in-law had done her research and new exactly where it was.  
It was literally only 2 or 3 minutes from our hotel!
 
I was a little bit beside myself when my husband insisted on going in the beauty shop.  I knew that they welcomed visitors and that it didn't bother them but I had no idea what in the world I would say.

Here is the outside of the beauty shop!

Becky is my favorite person on the show.  I was so excited to see that she was inside getting a hair cut.  Also in there was Roy and Gina.  Gina was super nice and just talked and talked to us!  She was sweet to the kids and took time to talk to them too!
In this picture is Roy cutting Becky's hair and then Gina in the other chair!

Since I couldn't get my picture taken with Becky b/c 1. she was busy and 2. I was scared to ask, I did see her golf cart outside the door and got a picture of that....

And then I couldn't resist and jumped inside for a picture:)  Oh and I promise I didn't wear the same shirt the whole time at the beach....it just so happens that this was the only day I took my big camera out to take pictures!

It was just really neat to actually see people in person that I watch on TV.  The trailer park looks nothing like what it does on the show.  There are lots more people in that park than what they show on TV.  I wonder if all those people are mad that they didn't get in on the show???
They said that they will start filming a new season in July!  I can't wait to watch it....especially now that I know what the place actually looks like!

1 comment:

  1. Love it!!! I was there during Bike Week in May met Becky at the Speedway and had my picture taken with Taylor on his porch!!!! ;) I was amazed at the "real" size of the park!!! LOVE it!

    ReplyDelete