Sunday, June 16, 2013

Father's Day 2013

We had another great low key holiday.  My dad was sweet enough to go to lunch with me and my family along with my sister and her daughter on Saturday.  We had a great stress free lunch where we had plenty of time to talk.  My daddy is crazy and a lot of fun but he does send me in to some panic attacks from time to time.  I am the grown up in this relationship.  He still likes to have fun and maybe party a little bit and no matter what....he will never admit how old his kids are b/c then that would be letting people know how old he is.
Here we are over 12 years ago on my wedding day....

Me and the kiddos hope that our #1 guy had the best father's day ever!  It is not the best day for my husband b/c his dad was his best friend and since he passed, he just isn't that interested in doing big family gatherings on this day b/c it just reminds him that someone is missing:(  
We got up early and forced him out of bed to take him to breakfast.  Came back home to get ready and go to church.  Then we had the whole day cleared and wide open for him.  The only problem was, neither of us could think of a single thing to do.  So we went to lunch and to his beloved Academy.  He can look around in Academy for hours but it is torture for me  b/c Tegan is like a wild animal in there.  He then had a friend call him to see if he wanted to play golf.  At first he said no but as soon as I gave him my blessing, he was quickly setting up a tee time:)  Of course Tegan tagged along for his golf game so that left me and Rylee alone for some quiet time.  Can I get a praise the LORD!!!
We took full advantage of that by going to the pool alone where we had a very relaxing couple of hours before Tegan got tired of watching daddy play golf and daddy literally drove off the cart path and threw Teg over the pool fence to me.  Oh well, it was nice while it lasted.....

Since my husband's new love is golf, we showered him with golf related items this year....lots of golf balls and a membership to the driving range.  I scored some brownie points this year:) 
I couldn't ask for a better daddy for my babies.  I am so glad this man was hand picked for me and to walk this journey with me.  He is a great dad and is very involved with the kids.  He almost always has one of them or both of them with him if he is not working.  I am definitely not in this parenting thing alone!  He gives of his time a lot and it drives him crazy when someone ask if he is babysitting....it isn't babysitting when it is your own kids!  He works hard for us and for that I love him so much more.  The preacher said something this morning that I had never really thought much about...What a woman wants is security and that is exactly what I have with my husband in every way.  I have never thought about that much but it is definitely a must in my life and I am so glad I don't have to doubt the days that lay ahead of me with my husband and family!
 
I hope you all had a blessed father's day!  

Oh and I seem to update instagram a little more these days than I do anything else.  
Follow me there..... tabatham8

No comments:

Post a Comment