Friday, March 16, 2012

Happy WHAT????

We are T minus 7 days away from our 11th wedding anniversary. Now I don’t mean to put a guy down but my dear husband will be the first to admit that romance is not his strong point. I have grown use to it. Pretty much accepted it. But that doesn’t stop me from dropping hints that he doesn’t ever pick up on. For example, “I really love to get flowers”. His response, “flowers die….what a waste of money”. Hey, I said that we had been married almost 11 years but I didn’t say we have always been on the same page.

So tonight I ask my husband what he would like to do on our 11th anniversary. After the funny and “Oh crap when is our anniversary” look leaves his face, he replies with something that sounded like the word “nothing”. After the “if you want to live to see your next birthday” look left my face, I responded with “Oh we are doing something!!” He then goes on to say that he doesn’t even remember what we did last year for our big ten anniversary. Um….NOTHING! It became very clear to me that if I let this year slide, we will be falling in to a pattern.

Of course being the crazy lady that I am, I continue to bring up our anniversary at least 27 more times tonight. Hey….I don’t want him to forget between now and next Saturday!!! He finally shuts me up by telling me that he might have some great big surprise planned for me for our anniversary. Now let’s all hold our breath and see if he even remembers the most important day of his life. Important back then because it was the day he started his life with me….important now because it will be the day I decide if I should keep him or not. Just kidding! Don’t get your panties in a wad!!!

I know you will all be sitting by your computers just waiting to hear about the day from me. I’ll keep you posted!



Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment